Sunday, September 6, 2009

INTRODUCTION

I’ve been happily married to the same wonderful woman for over 38 years. We have three grown children and four grandchildren with another due in about two weeks.

I’m a God fearing Christian who's just a work in progress. Riding has given me more of an awareness of my reliance on Him. 

In July of last year I bought a Vespa GTS 250 to try and offset $4 a gallon gas prices. I’m a sales rep who covers most of Oregon and Southwest Washington and my plan was to use the Vespa for the Portland/Vancouver area. One thing I hadn’t counted on was the thrill and enjoyment of riding. The original plan was to serve a utilitarian need but soon riding became the preferred method of travel.

After almost a year of scooter commuting, I had a nagging desire to ride a motorcycle.  I wanted to ride further and needed to get around to distant parts of the state as fast as when driving the car. In May I bought a used Beemer.

What a great way to see things! And with that in mind, the plan for this blog is to share thoughts and images of my encounter with people and places while traveling this part of the Northwest.

I hope you enjoy what follows. Please let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. We're covering the same territory. We'll have to meet up and see what the other represents.

    Welcome to the blogoshere, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irondad,

    Thank you for the welcome. Sounds good to me, I'd like to meet you. I get to Albany once a month or so and I pass thru on I-5 quite a bit. I think we do see some of the same people. Send me an email sometime - motorchap@gmail.com

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog Mike! Thanks for visiting mine. Safe and happy travels.

    ReplyDelete